What is a grave or cemetery Blanket?
- When deciding to buy a blanket, you have to decide if you will be buying one for yourself or someone else. In case of your own use, make sure that you have the right measurements of your coffin so that the blanket can be properly fitted on the gravestone. A grave blanketing is not advisable if you intend to sell it in the future as it can also lead to unwanted problems.
- Some other things that you should keep in mind is that it should fit tightly around the tombstone without bunching it. This helps to protect the tombstone, which can become very fragile when exposed to heavy objects.
- Also, note down the actual length, width, height, and breadth of the gravestone itself. This way, you will know the exact size of the blanket you need to purchase. In case you are purchasing online, you can even calculate the exact amount based on the actual length and width of the tombstone.
- Once you have the actual size in mind, you can now decide on the fabric and material that you want. The most popular type of fabric is usually cotton. You can either get plain, floral, or floral patterns printed fabrics, or other designs depending on your preferences. Some of the most common designs are also available in plain and patterned designs, which give an antique look.
- Silk is also a popular choice, especially if you want a more formal look for your grave. But, beware of the fact that the blanket itself will lose its color with time. Thus, you will need to use special products to preserve the blanket.
Where to buy and What you should look for?
- Buying online is one option. You can check out all of the options available to you at a single glance by logging onto the net. There are some websites that deal specifically in this type of product and provide free delivery.
- Some online stores are more than happy to take your order and deliver the blanket to your doorstep. However, you have to make sure that the store has a good reputation in the industry. You should also verify the authenticity of the store. If the store is not registered with the Better Business Bureau, you may consider looking at other options.
- It is essential that you know how to measure correctly so that you can buy online or otherwise. There are several ways of doing so, including taking a tape measure with you and measuring the height, width, length, and breadth of the grave. on the surface of the gravestone itself.
- There are many online stores that offer different styles of blankets, and these stores can be compared and contrasted to find the best match for your needs. It is important that you compare prices to ensure that you get the best deal available. You should also check the shipping and delivery fees associated with the purchase.
- You should first gather together all the white fabric that you will use for the blanket. This will give you a good idea of what the blanket should look like. The material you choose should be sturdy, durable, yet light weight. You should not choose something that is too heavy.
- After you have gathered all of your white fabric you can now go shopping for your pillow cases. There are many different styles to choose from, so have a look around and see what you think would look best on the blanket.
- Now you need to find some elastic bands. This will help to keep your blanket in place when you lay it on top of the casket. These elastic bands should be about 3 inches in diameter. They will provide a very secure fit around your blanket. However, they should be thick enough to ensure that no air can escape.
- Next you need to find a needle that is appropriate for your fabric. Be sure that the needle you use is made of a thick material. Some types of cotton material do not hold needles well. This is why you should use a needle that is made of a more durable material.
- As you are choosing the needle, ensure that you purchase enough of the elastic bands so that you will have enough to secure the blanket around the casket. You should also make sure that you buy a needle that is large enough so that the elastic bands will stretch as much as possible.
- Finally, you should have a sewing machine at hand. You can either buy your own sewing machine or borrow a friend's. Having your own machine is always a better idea because you will not be forced to stop and add in extra stitches or adjust them just because it does not suit your preferences.
Creating the Grave Blanket (Process):
- Now you know how to make a grave blanket, you may be wondering what the process will involve. First you should measure the size of the casket. Next you should draw a rough sketch of the outline of the casket. Next you should take your three-inch square of the white fabric and sew a straight line around the outline.
- You need to find the fabric that you have chosen to make the body of your blanket. You should first fold one side in half, so that you can make the shape of a grave. You can then fold the other side in half until the rectangle that left half is the size of the grave. You will then fold this in half to make a pocket.
- Next you should fold the other half of the fabric until it forms an arch. Then you should sew this arch together so that it forms the body of the blanket. You can now iron this closed.
- When you are ready to finish the blanket, you should attach the lining to the body of the blanket so that it is secured. The finished product will look very neat and unique. You should now be able to enjoy your own customized grave blanket!
Grave Blankets offer a great way to remember those who have left behind and it will also remind you of the memories you shared in the grave. So, there is no better way to honor them. With a grave blanket, you will be able to rest assured that you will be able to bury your loved one in the right way, even if he or she passed away just days or weeks earlier. It would also make a great keepsake for the family or friends who are planning on visiting the cemetery in the near future.