Everyone has had the experience of trying to clean their fleece blankets without the right tools. Often, these blankets are simply too dirty for even a vacuum cleaner to handle. However, you can use all of your basic household cleaners on the inside and outside of your fleece blanket to remove the lint and other particles that can build up over time.
Lint can gather in the corners and seams of your fleece blankets. You'll want to make sure that you do not pick up any lint from your bedding. This can cause the link to become matted and collect in the fibers. It can also cause the fabric to wear out much quicker.
- To get rid of the lint, you will want to use a wet cloth or a lint roller. This is similar to a broom when it is wet. Use this tool in a circular motion around the exterior of the blanket. You should be able to remove the majority of the lint by running the cleaner over the entire surface area of your blanket.
- To get rid of the rest of the lint, you may need to purchase some type of cleaner that is specifically designed to clean up lint from fleece. These cleansers are made for washing out the lint from fleece blankets. If your blankets are too small for the cleaner to work effectively, you can place a washcloth inside of the machine. This will help to loosen up the lint that has collected on the inside of the machine and the outside.
- If the lint that collects on the inside of the machine becomes too thick, you can use a vacuum cleaner to pull it out. However, if the line is very thick, you may find it difficult to get it out with a vacuum cleaner. In that case, you may have to get a lint brush to work on the inside of the machine.
- A lint brush attachment can be purchased for most vacuums and will come in very handy when you need to get the lint out of the inside of the machine. Make sure that you only use the lint brush attachment on the inside of the machine.
- If you do not get lint off the inside of the machine with a vacuum cleaner, you can still remove the lint with a lint roller. on the outside of the blanket.
- Another way to clean your fleece blankets is to dry them with a hand dryer. However, make sure that you do not leave the blankets out for very long periods of time. You do not want to leave them in direct sunlight setting, as the heat may melt the material and cause the lint to stick to the fibers.
- Lint rollers are often available from some stores and will work in just about any lint-free washer or dryer. To get the most out of your lint roller, make sure that you buy one that is large enough to cover the entire blanket. A good lint roller should not only clean the lint that has collected on the fabric, but it should also remove any of the lint that has collected on the outside of the blanket. Some machines will remove the lint that has gathered on the outside of the blanket when the wash is complete.
- Lint rollers also work well for those lint-free blankets that have not been washed in a while. All that is required is to run the machine over the surface area of the blanket to get rid of all of the lint.
With the proper care and cleaning supplies, you can keep lint off of your blankets. This will make your blanket last longer and give it a better look for many years to come.
You May Also Like